Pursuant to the provisions of the California Governor’s Executive Order N-29-20, issued on March 17, 2020, FIRST 5 Commission meetings and committee meetings will be held by teleconference only. No physical location will be available for these teleconference meetings; however, members of the public will be able to participate in the meetings as noted below, and online streaming will continue as normal.
Members of the Public may provide public comments to teleconference meetings as follows:
- Written public comments may be submitted by email to email@example.com. Written comments will be distributed to the Commission or Committee as quickly as possible.
- Spoken public comments will be accepted through the teleconference meeting. To address the Commission or Committee, click on the following link to access a Zoom-based meeting. You may also call into the meeting by smartphone. Please read the following instructions carefully.
- You may download the Zoom client or connect to the meeting in-browser. If using your browser, make sure you are using a current, up-to-date browser: Chrome 30+, Firefox 27+, Microsoft Edge 12+, Safari 7+. Certain functionality may be disabled in older browsers including Internet Explorer.
- You will be asked to enter an email address and name. We request that you identify yourself by name as this will be visible online and will be used to notify you that it is your turn to speak.
- When the Commission or Committee Chair calls for the item on which you wish to speak, click on “raise hand.” The staff will activate and unmute speakers in turn. Speakers will be notified shortly before they are called to speak.
- When called, please limit your remarks to the time limit allotted.
If you only wish to watch the meeting, not address the Board, FIRST 5requests that you stream the meeting normally.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and the Brown Act, those requiring accommodation for these meetings should notify FIRST 5 24 hours prior to the meeting at (408) 299-5001 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Location (unless otherwise specified in a meeting agenda)
January 21, 2021 | 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM
February 18, 2021 | 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM
March 18, 2021 | 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM
April 2021 | No Meeting
May 20, 2021 | 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM
June 17, 2021 | 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM
July 2021 | No Meeting
August 19, 2021 | 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM
September 2021 | No Meeting
October 14, 2021 | 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM
November 18, 2021 | 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM
December 2021 | No Meeting
The Personnel and Finance Committee oversees the annual budget process, operations and administration, including audits, expenditures, contracts, investments, personnel, policies and facilities.
January 14, 2021 | 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM
February 11, 2021 | 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM
March 11, 2021 | 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM
April 9, 2021 | 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM
May 13, 2021 | 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM
June 10, 2021 | 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM
July 2021 – No Meeting
August 12, 2021 – 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM
September 9, 2021 | 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM
October 6, 2021 | 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM
November 10, 2021 | 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM
December 2021 – No Meeting
The location and time of the Personnel and Finance Committee meetings, unless otherwise noted, are:
January 14, 2021
The committee oversees the discussion and/or review of pending and proposed legislation at the local, state, and federal level and the discussion and/or review of policy-level emerging issues. The Committee also assists and coordinates legislative action; develops a policy platform; enhances the FIRST 5 System of Care; and furthers the goals of FIRST 5.
March 3, 2021 | 1:00 PM
Click this URL to join
Or iPhone one-tap:
Or join by phone:
(669) 900 6833
Webinar ID: 967 2842 4262
The committee oversees the development of new programs, oversees the development and implementation of evaluation tools and data gathering methodologies, and monitors existing programs and community activities. The committee also reviews the evaluation components of all programs prior to initial funding and then reviews each program’s performance in accordance with the established evaluation criteria, prior to any decision to continue funding the program.